Thursday, June 23, 2011

Internet Dating - Is It For You????


Okay, you are single, for whatever reason, you hate the bar scene, so where do you meet people to date? For me two years ago it was the internet gamble.Internet dating is a two-edged sword. I have met some very, very good friends on there, but I have also met psychos, inconsiderate men, men who don't have a clue, men who only want sex....you name it, I have gone out with "it."

At first it was very exciting to have all these dates, get to know people and talk about your past experiences. Now, when I see a man on the internet I just wonder what his agenda is.Don't let the sweet words on the phone or the internet fool you....when you meet they very well may be a horse of a different color! But how are you to know? Wish I knew the answer but I don't.

Rule number one is never meeting a guy for the first time at your home. Offer to meet him at a restaurant, for coffee or lunch at a mutually agreeable place. You don't want this guy to know where you live until you have fully checked him out.My philosophy has always been to be totally honest and upfront from the very beginning. This doesn't settle well with many, but so what...you have to protect yourself, your self-image and your self-esteem.

I have always teased that I could write a book about all my experiences (some are not to be believed!) and I really could, but I don't have the room to do it here.I think the bottom line is: guys are not what they always seem, they can turn into different people and probably not the kind of person you are looking for. I have definite, strong feelings about what type person I am looking for and if the guy I have been out with does not meet those standards.....next!!!

Enough of the man-bashing. Like I said I have met some very, very nice men who are and always will be my friends - the boyfriend/girlfriend thing just wasn't going to work. And we all can use more friends!
Be cautious, look out for red flags and don't waste your precious time on someone you know is not what you are looking for.
                                                      Good luck in your search!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog